Simple, two-ingredient chocolates filled with creamy maple butter. Vegan and gluten-free.
- ¾ cup chopped dark chocolate of your choice, melted (*see notes for homemade recipe)
- 2 tbsp maple butter, at room temperature
- candy mold
- pipping bag
- Small flat tray
- Place your candy mold on a flat tray. Fill each candy cavity approximately ⅘ths of the way. Reserve a tiny bit of the melted chocolate for fix ups.
- Fill your pipping bag with maple butter. Cut a small hold at the tip (the size of a thin straw). Stick the tip of the pipping bag just into the very top of the filled chocolate in the mold and pipe a bit of the filling into the center of the chocolate in each cavity.
- When done, use the reserved chocolate to cover any of the cavities where you can see the maple butter protruding at the top.
- Carefully transfer the tray into the freezer and freeze for approx 30 mins, or chill in the fridge for a few hours. Once the chocolate is set, pop out of the mold and enjoy. Keep chocolates refrigerated.
*For an easy homemade refined sugar-free chocolate recipe, use the mulberry chocolates recipe (without the mulberries or toppings) from Unconventional Treats — (p. 212).