Coconut, macadamias, and dates combine to form the most flavorful vegan snack bars. Rich and satisfying, they are gluten-free and smell so wonderful baking!
- 1 ½ cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup date syrup
- 5 soft medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line an 8″ x 6″ tupperware container (or any oven-safe dish of a similar size) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process all bars ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and press down into a flat even layer. Cover with a piece of parchment paper and press it down even more with a flat-bottomed object to compress the mixture as much as possible. Optional: press a few macadamia halves into the top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approx 20 mins. Remove from oven and cool on a rack (they will appear softer at first but will firm up as they cool). Cut into pieces, dust with powdered coconut water (using a sieve), drizzle with extra date syrup and enjoy! Store leftovers in a sealed tupperware container.
*When buying coconut water or milk powder, be sure to check the ingredients. Some products out there contain dairy milk as an additive.