A quick and simple baked vegan cheesecake recipe with melt-in-your mouth texture and tangy, creamy flavor.
- 1½ cups cashews
- 8 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 cup raw cashews, presoaked and strained
- 1 cup vanilla coconut yogurt (or another plant-based yogurt. I used an agave-sweetened one for this)
- 6 tbsp agave
- juice of 1 lemon (I used a meyer lemon for a more delicate flavor)
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean (highly recommended, but if you can’t find, use fresh vanilla bean or a bit more extract)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 6″ springform pan (base and sides) and set aside.
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer into the oiled pan press down to shape into a crust with your hands along the base and sides of the pan (I made the sides thin, but the base thicker — just a preference)(Tip: make sure you “seal” the gap in the base when shaping the crust — i.e. don’t leave cracks in the crust, so that the filling doesn’t leak out anywhere while baking). Set aside.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth mixture in a power blender (a Vitamix works best, otherwise be patient and blend into as smooth a consistency as you can manage).
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 mins until the top is nice and golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack completely (a few hours or overnight is best)(note the top will sink as it cools, which is normal). Remove from pan, slice and enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!