Delicate gluten-free, vegan, refined-sugar free cinnamon cut-out cookies.
- ¼ cup non-dairy butter of your choice (or coconut oil), at room temperature/softened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 12 tbsp brown rice flour
- 8 tbsp tapioca starch
- 8 tbsp sweet rice flour
- ½ tsp guar gum
- Optional: 2 tbsp amaranth balls (or some dried currents, mini chocolate chips, etc. to make the “eyes”)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Prepare a rolling area with two additional sheets of parchment paper for that, and have your cookie cutter(s) handy. Set aside.
- Place the coconut oil or butter in a large mixing bowl and whip it with a mixer to soften it a bit. Add sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and mix once again to combine. Add in flour and use a wooden spoon to mix. Then get in there with your hands and mix everything together by working the dough until you can shape it into a ball (note: as depending on the flour mix you use there may be a slight variance, know that the consistency of the dough should not be sticky but should press together when pinched — be sure to knead it really well first for some time — if it’s a little too sticky, add a little more flour (try 1-2 tbsp); if it’s a little dry add a little more sweetener (try 1 tbsp)). Shape the dough into a ball and then flatten into a disk.
- Roll out one of the dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper to ¼” thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the circles. Carefully transfer to a prepared cookie sheet, spacing them ½” apart (they won’t spread as they bake). Gather up any dough scraps and repeat until all dough is used up.
- If you’re doing the cookie stamp version, carefully stamp the cookies when they are on the cookie sheet. If you’re going with the bunny + eyes option, set the “eyes” (the amaranth balls or whatever you are using) and any other decoration onto the cookies now (note: the “eyes” need to be pressed in lightly into the cookie).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 11-13 minutes, until the edges just begin to become golden (time will vary depending on your cookie size). Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. (Note: cookies will harden a little within minutes of cooling, so don’t overbake). Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!