Beautiful, rich vegan dark chocolate orange truffles, with hazelnut center. Coated in chopped hazelnuts for perfect finishing texture. Gluten-free and super delish.
- 1 ½ cups hazelnuts (I used raw)
- ½ cup orange marmalade (I used a fruit sweetened version by St. Dalfour | can use another jam flavor if you prefer)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts (I ran mine through a food processor) or extra cocoa powder
- 15–18 extra hazelnuts for center
- Process hazelnuts into a meal in a food processor. Add all remaining truffle ingredients, except coconut sugar, to the processor and process to combine. Add coconut sugar and process once more. The mixture should be slightly balling up at this point (you can test if it’s ready by picking up a small amount of it and see if you can roll it into a ball — if it’s too wet, add a bit more cocoa, if too dry add a bit more maple syrup or jam and process again).
- Spread your coating (chopped hazelnuts or cocoa powder) out in a bowl. Line a plate or a tray with parchment paper and set aside. Have the hazelnuts reserved for center handy.
- Pick up 1-2 tbsp of the mixture (a big spoonful) and roll into a ball with your hands. Press a hazelnut into the center and roll the ball up again to seal it in. Roll the truffle in the coating mixture and set on the prepared lined tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy. Keep in a sealed container either at room temp, refrigerated, or freeze for later use (I prefer mine refrigerated for best texture).