A light, gluten-free pumpkin snack bar with a hint of chocolate and a texture that’s a cross between cake, muffins, and a blondie. Dairy-free.
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup agave (or maple syrup, brown rice syrup, yacon, etc.)
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses(unsulphured)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure anise extract (not anise oil)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate of your choice)
- 1–2 tbsp more quick oats for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with some parchment paper and set aside (I used a 4.4″ x 10″ loaf pan, but any baking dish of a similar size will do)
- Process oats into a meal in a food processor. Add all remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and sprinkling oats, and process to combine into a batter. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix them in. Transfer into the lined pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with oats on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 mins. Remove and cool on a rack. Once cool, cut into squares and enjoy!