A nut-free refreshing vegan cake made from cauliflower, lemons, and pineapples! No one will be able to detect the secret veggie hiding inside.
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds, or any nut of your choice if not nut-free)
- 8 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (fresh or thawed out)
- 8 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon extract (or zest of 1 lemon or more to taste)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- optional: a pinch of turmeric for a yellower color (I didn’t use)
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- a few handfuls of pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, and fresh flowers
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer the mixture into a 6″ springform pan with tall walls. Press down to compact into an even crust along the base. Freeze while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients, except poppy seeds, into a smooth mixture in a power blender. Add in the poppy seeds and pulse briefly to blend them in without crushing them (or can stir them into the mixture by hand if you prefer). Transfer this mixture over the prepared crust and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with any desired toppings (except fresh flowers) and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. Decorate with fresh flowers prior to serving if using. Thaw the cake out on the counter a few minutes and enjoy!