Simple, 5 ingredient vegan fudge recipe made with carob. Chewy, melt-in-your-mouth cross between salted caramel and chocolate. Gluten-free, no refined sugar.
- 6 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp carob powder (I used toasted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- another tbsp of carob powder
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture combines and becomes more or less uniform and begins to lump together.
- Transfer the mixture into a 5″ springform pan (or a small parchment-lined tupperware container of a similar size). Press the mixture down to pack it in with the back of a spoon as evenly as possible. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and press down with a flat-bottomed object (like the bottom of a measuring cup, etc.) to pack it down even more.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove from pan, cut into pieces, dust with additional carob (use a small sieve for even dusting), and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen, or refrigerated if you prefer a softer consistency.