A wonderfully refreshing popsicle slice made with candied carrots. Dairy-free grab and go treat, no baking required. Gluten and refined-sugar free.
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (or can use tigernuts, sunflower seeds and if not nut-free, use pecans, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups steamed carrots (cooled off to room temp).
- ½ cup non dairy yogurt of your choice (I used an agave sweetened coconut yogurt)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- a bit more coconut yogurt for swirls, some pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs or chocolate shavings
- Process all crust ingredients into a finely crumbly sticky mixture. Transfer into two 4″ springform pans (or a dish of a similar size lined with parchment paper) and press down into a flat crust. Place in the freezer while working on next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth mixture in a high speed blender. Pour over the crust, divided evenly between the two pans. Optional: decorate with a swirl (I used this pen tool to make mine, though a small piping bag would work great too), and any desired toppings.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight to set, thaw out slightly to slice and enjoy! (Store leftovers frozen).