Layers of blackberry jam, coconut, and billowy frosting in a gluten-free no-bake cake. Delicious and rich, and perfect for when you want cake but don’t want to turn on the oven!
- 1 cup blackberry jam (can use a homemade recipe like this or a fruit-sweetened store-bought version, which is what I used this time)
- 1¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant milk (I used almond milk or can use a nut-free milk of your choice)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup coconut manna, warmed to a soft consistency (also called coconut butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice, at room temperature (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup more blackberry jam
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- optional: edible dried rose buds
- CAKE: Process all cake ingredients in a food processor into a uniform mixture. Allow it to sit for a minute. Scoop out half the mixture into a 5″ springform pan and press down into an even flat crust (compress it as much as you can). Freeze for 30 mins, then carefully un-mold and transfer onto a plate and place plate and crust back in the freezer. Fill the springform pan once again with the remaining half of the mixture and press down into an even flat crust. Freeze while working on the next step.
- FILLING: Make sure all frosting ingredients are at room temperature. When ready to frost, blend them in a high power blender (I used my Vitamix for this) and process into a smooth consistency.
- ASSEMBLY: Remove the springform pan from the freezer (having it chilled like this helps the filling to set faster) but leave the base layer inside the pan latched. Evenly spread about 1/2 cup of the frosting over the base layer into the pan. Chill for about 5 mins in the freezer, then carefully spread the additional filling jam over the frosting. Carefully cover with the second frozen cake layer. Press down very gently to make sure it’s secured into place. Return the cake to the freezer for about 20 mins for the filling to set. Then remove the cake from the pan and frost the top and sides with the remaining frosting.
- DECORATING: take handfuls of shredded coconut and carefully press them to the sides of the cake. Sprinkle the top of the cake with additional shredded coconut. Decorate with dried flowers if desired. Place the cake in the fridge for 30 mins to set and firm up. When ready, carefully slice, serve and enjoy! Keep leftovers refrigerated.