A quick and easy black currant crumble recipe for two, featuring a delicious tangy jammy filling, crunchy topping, and creamy ice cream. Vegan, GF.
- 3 tbsp rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp dark maple syrup
- 4 pecan halves, chopped
- Vegan vanilla ice cream of your choice for serving
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Quick prep note: my oven-safe ramekins (pictured above) are naturally a bit non-stick due to their porous ceramic lining. If using different ramekins, you can lightly grease the ramekins first (vegan butter works well for this).
2. Divide all berry filling ingredients between 2 small oven-safe ramekins and stir everything together in each ramekin with a fork.
3. Divide the oats between the two ramekins, sprinkling them on top of the berry filling. Drizzle the maple syrup over the oats (dividing it also in half between the ramekins). Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 mins. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Top with some vanilla ice cream prior to serving and enjoy!