A warm, gooey, vegan fruit “pizza” that’s much like a giant chocolate and fruit topped gluten-free cookie. Super simple and quick to make.
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract (optional; omit for nut-free)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 13 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- ⅓ – ½ cup water, room temp (or warm)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced in half and then lengthwise
- 2 tbsp tahini (make sure it’s runny, not thick)
- 2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place rice flour, maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract, salt and 5 tbsp sunflower seed butter into a food processor and process to combine. Add in another 5 tbsp sunflower seed butter and process again. Then add the remaining 3 tbsp and process (this helps the sun butter blend into the dough better than processing all at once). Add ⅓ cup water and process again. At this point you should have a very sticky, stretchy, pliable mixture, but one that can be lumped into a ball. If it seems a little dry still, add a bit more water and process again (I only used ⅓ cup of water with the sun butter for this recipe, but found other nut-butters required a slightly greater amount of water).
- Wet your hands a little and lump the dough into a ball, kneading it lightly. Flatten into a disk and place on a piece of parchment paper (if at this point the ball is cracked all around the edges, you’ll need to return it to the processor and add a bit more water and process again — that’s an indication the mixture is too dry. A bit of cracking is normal though). Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and roll out into an circle that’s ¼ – ⅛” thickness. Remove the top piece of parchment.
- Spread the sliced bananas over this dough, leaving a 1″ rim all around. Drizzle with tahini, sprinkle with chocolate, cacao nibs, and coconut sugar (again leaving the edges clean). Wrap the edges of the pizza over the center (it helps if you carefully lift the edges up along with the parchment paper underneath) to form a crust.
- Transfer the pizza and the parchment paper it’s on onto a baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 22 mins. Cool on a wire rack. Slice, and serve drizzled with maple syrup. Enjoy!