Delicious papaya and banana-based creamy vegan ice cream bowls that make a wonderful breakfast or sweet treat.
- 2 ½ frozen ripe bananas (peeled and cut in half)⠀
- 1 cup chopped ripe papaya⠀
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk (or nut-free plant milk of choice)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- a handful of mini vegan dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- a splash of dark maple syrup*
1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth in a power blender (use the tamper if using a Vitamix to help the mixture blend better). Feel free to adjust the consistency to your liking by adding more or less almond milk to thicken or thin out the mixture.
2. Transfer to a bowl, top with desired toppings and enjoy straight away.
Note: the nice cream base is naturally already quite sweet, so the maple syrup is optional. I just love maple as a flavor, so it goes on everything!