Super simple gluten-free breakfast bars made with oats, tahini, apricot and chocolate. Perfect vegan grab-and-go snack. Refined sugar-free.
- 2 ½ cups sofr dried apricots (ideally unsulphured)
- 1 ½ cups instant gf oats
- 2 tbsp tahini (or another nut-butter if you prefer)
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped raw chocolate
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Process all ingredients into a fine sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking dish (I used one that’s roughly 6″ x 4″, but anything of a similar size will do). Press down firmly with the back of the spoon to compact the mixture. Then cover with a sheet of parchment and press down again with a flat-bottomed object to compact the mixture even more and to create an even top layer. Freeze for 5-6 hours of overnight. Cut into pieces and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.