A light, refreshing apple smoothie with the added hint of basil for depth of flavor.
- 1 large apple, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves (5–6 large leaves or to taste)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice to taste)
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- a few ice cubes (if you want it cold)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth and drink up!
Note: As per feedback below in comments, this recipe may be more suitable for a high power blender, like a Vitamix to come out smooth.