A spiced, anti-inflammatory drink that you can whip up in minutes from common pantry staples. Vegan, gluten-free, and soothingly delicious.
- 1½ qt water
- ½ a lemon, sliced or rough chopped (or more to taste), rind included
- 1” ginger root, rough chopped (or more to taste)
- big dash of turmeric
- big dash cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- Fill a 2 quart pot about ¾ full with water. Add in all other ingredients and bring to a boil on the stove. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and allow the drink to cool off. Strain into a glass jar.
- Chill overnight in the fridge for an iced tea (or enjoy hot straight away)!
If you’re planning on making a larger batch of this, just note that after a day or so in the fridge you’ll need to shake it and then strain it through a sieve into your glass to avoid getting any residue in your cup.