A warm, sweet, nutty and fragrant gluten-free cake with excellent texture. Dairy-free.
- ¾ cup agave (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup water
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves (roughly 2 small sprigs)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup almond meal (or flour)
- ⅓ cup arrowroot
- ⅓ cup chickpea & fava bean flour (or all chickpea / besan will work)
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3–4 tbsp pine nuts
- dairy-free coconut milk powder (optional for snowy look)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a 6 cup non-stick bundt pan well. Set aside.
- Blend all wet mixture ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add all dry ingredients, except pine nuts, and blend until smooth once again. Add in pine nuts and pulse briefly to fold them in. (Note: I used my Vitamix for this step and used my tamper to help the blending process. If using another blender, you’ll likely need to pause and scrape down the sides every so often). Immediately pour the batter into the prepared bundt.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 mins, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out dry. Cool on a wire rack for at least 10-15 mins, then carefully loosen the sides and flip the cake out of the pan and allow it to cool completely. Prior to serving, dust with coconut milk powder and enjoy!