A gluten and dairy free recipe for traditional holiday almond crescent cookies. Super simple and comes together in minutes.
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- dairy-free coconut milk powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process all cookie ingredients in a food processor into a uniform sticky mixture. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more almond butter and process again until the mixture begins to stick together and start turning into a ball in the processor (you want it to be soft and pliable, but firm enough that you can roll it into a ball). Grab about 1 tablespoon’s-worth with your hands and roll into a ball, then a little log, then shape into a crescent with your hands. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat with remaining mixture, spacing the cookies about ½” apart.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25 mins (or only 15 for soft cookies). Cool completely on a wire rack, dust with coconut milk powder and enjoy!