The Ultimate Resource for Crafting Easy, Gorgeous Desserts
INCLUDING all the little tricks you need to go from average desserts to awesome
Cut out the alternative dessert learning curve
How fun would it be to share a dairy-free holiday cheesecake that everyone thinks came from a boutique patisserie. Or to make gluten-free delicacies without having to worry if they'll fall apart on the way to your friend's house.
In Unconventional Treats I’ll guide you step-by-step through all the tiny details you need to know when first starting to work with unconventional ingredients that will mean the difference between getting endless requests for the recipe or having the leftovers shoved to the back of the fridge.
You'll also learn how to handle ingredient substitutions so that you can cater for your unique dietary restrictions and adapt old favorite recipes to suit what makes your body feel good, now.
Ready to buy? Jump ahead.
Unconventional treats is MORE THAN JUST RECIPES... it’s a total guide for learning
- How to make your own nut milk from scratch
- Getting the best results from nut butter you make in your blender or food processor
- Where to look for hidden additives in nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
- How to make nuts and seeds more digestible
- How to get coconut oil to work for you in recipes
- How to choose the right coconut product to work with
- What kitchen equipment will give you the best results
- How to make working with cacao butter a breeze
- Whether you should use cocoa and cacao powder in a recipe
- How to master raw cakes - it's a bit of an art form, and Unconventional Treats will help unlock your inner artist!
- How to understand the thought process behind alternative dessert craft, so that you can create your own individualized recipes and handle substitutions with ease
- You also get an illustrated guide to unconventional dessert anatomy
PLUS once you understand the theory behind unconventional treats, you can develop your new skills by experimenting with over 150 recipes, each with its own full color photo.
Take a Look Inside
about the author
So who's behind all this? Hi, I'm Audrey. I'm the recipe developer, food stylist, photographer, and blogger at Unconventional Baker. I love to craft unconventional, allergy-friendly, often raw, and always wholesome treats that support people on alternative diets.
Learn Better By Following Along With Videos
I totally get it, sometimes it's easier to learn by watching. For that reason I've put together 15 video tutorials that cover all kinds of tips and tricks about the basics of unconventional dessert prep. What do they cover? Well, you can take a peek as I demonstrate how to assemble a raw cake from start to finish, how to make different kinds of swirl patterns for cakes, and other decorating and troubleshooting tips, and tons more, including:
- How to make plant milk
- Whether to use a food processor or blender to make nut butter
- DIY nut flour
- Troubleshooting coconut oil
- Making your own chocolates
- Working with cacao butter
- Making instant jam
- And much more!
So, what are my options?
I know everyone is different, so I've put together three special packages. Check them out below to find the perfect one for you.
Option 1: The complete book & video guide
A complete tutorial course on crafting simply awesome desserts with unconventional ingredients
- 400+ pages
- 13 how-to chapters
- 150+ recipes
- photos of every recipe
15 step-by-step videos covering all practical aspects of alternative dessert prep, plus tons of tips and tricks
Print Friendly Pdf
A black and white version of the book, with all of the large images stripped out so that you can easily print recipes or any part of the book at home
Option 2: The Perfect Gifting Pack
The complete package for yourself plus the complete package to send to a friend for just an extra $30. It's the perfect way to share your love of amazing treats, and just in time for the holidays.
Option 3: The Book
The budget option, with everything you need to know to create amazing desserts delivered in pdf form
- 400+ page pdf
- 13 How-To chapters
- 150+ recipes with photos
The Complete Book & Videos Package
- 400+ page pdf
- 15 tutorial videos
- Printer friendly version of the pdf
The Gifting Pack
- Everything included in the Complete Package x2
- One for you and one gift code to send to a friend (gift code sent within 24 hours)
I don't have a lot of time for complicated recipes, can I still use this?
Yes, there are lots of recipes in the guide that require just a few ingredients and 5 minutes prep time. As you get more experience you'll get faster too, and I share some good time saving tips in the book which will help you as well.
I'm more of a print book person, will the print version be out soon?
I wanted to get Unconventional Treats out to the people who have been requesting a book for a long time, and so the digital version was the fastest way to do this. There will be a print book in the future, but I don't have a date yet, sorry! In the meantime there is a print friendly version of the pdf so that you can take paper with you into the kitchen.
What if I don't like the book once I buy it?
I'm sure you're going to totally love the book, but if you don't get anything out of it I'm offering a 30 day money back guarantee, just send me an email letting me know why you aren't happy with it.
Can I upgrade to a higher package later?
Yes, if you buy just the book and decide you'd like to access the Unconventional Treats video tutorials later, you can upgrade for the difference in the price. Just send me an email.