Sometimes weird things happen in my kitchen. Like thinking super bite-sized ice cream, for instance, is a good idea… 😋🍦 Totally hooked!
This little raw treat is so simple to put together –> just blend and freeze, and soon you’ll have an arsenal of delicious little ice cream candies to pull you through the week. The result literally tastes just like ice cream — not icy, just melty sweet, creamy goodness ♡
Plus it’s a good way to use up leftover coconut milk if you ever work with a recipe that only calls for so much and leaves you with half a can of coconut milk to do something with. And of course, besides salvaging leftover milk, I love that you can have “ice cream” this way, without all the churning, cooking, and without having to commit to a whole tub in the freezer… 😉
Quick note: for this recipe I used a coconut milk that had some guar gum in it. I recommend giving that a try, though if you can’t find it it’s ok. The extra guar gum in the coconut milk just helps these bites not to be “icy”. Also, be sure to use room temp coconut milk, and give it a shake before you pour.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender to combine.
- Place candy molds on a metal tray. Pour the mixture into the molds.
- Freeze overnight. Enjoy! (Keep them frozen until ready to eat -- they melt quickly, just like ice cream would).